Near Shore Support: Large Global Bank, London
A large, global bank was looking to generate cost saving and free up desk space in its City offices by outsourcing
support of several third party and in-house trading systems.
The bank engaged FD who initially provided 5 consultants free of charge for a period of 8 weeks to undertake onsite and
offsite training and handover of the systems. FD resources replaced the bank’s internal support resources during
the handover process which ran over 16 weeks.
FD currently supports the systems via open VPN access from their offices in Newry. Phones are patched into the bank’s
internal network (users dial internal numbers) and a rotating weekly presence of FD consultants on-site in London
ensures communication with the bank’s staff is optimized.
The bank achieved an almost 50% reduction in monthly support costs and an indirect cost
saving of £1.8 million (based on an average cost per desk of £300k per annum). Their on-site headcount reduced
from 10 to 4.
A more detailed summary of the project is given below:
- Migrate support of several third party and in-house trading systems
- Generate Cost Saving
- Free up desk space
- Free up developers from support duties
FD Initial Investment
5 consultants provided free of charge for 8 weeks both onsite and offsite for training and handover period at an opportunity cost of approximately £100k.
Week 1: FD place 2 resources (1 Team leader) on client site for training
Week 3: Another 3 FD resources join onsite training
Week 5: Client starts stepped roll-off of in-house resources
Week 9: All client resources removed from support duty and FD assume full control
Week 10: FD add 2 new team members
Week 12: Stepped migration to near-shore support begins
Week 16: 7 man FD team fully functional on near-shore support model
- Open VPN access from Newry to London
- Phones patched into Client internal network (users dial internal numbers)
- Rotating weekly presence on client site and additional resources onsite as
- First line EOD Batch support globally
- Technical support for global application user base
- Interface management to/from various FO trading systems.
- Environment management
- Pre-release testing
- Implementation of all code releases
- Business Analysis of new functionality
Ad hoc Development
The support team are all Sun Java certified and as such also participate in ad hoc developments
Systems & Technologies
Calypso, Java, Unix, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, JDBC, C++, VB, ksh scripting, Autosys, Business Objects.
For further information please contact
News And Events