First Derivatives, is currently seeking experienced Junior and Senior Calypso Developers /Technical support Analysts to join our Capital Markets Consulting Business, which currently numbers 1,200+ globally.
Calypso is a large-scale software product for the capital markets supporting trading, risk management, and processing of various financial products. It provides front to back Java based platform.
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to work as part of a global practice (EMEA, North America, APAC) on projects including Greenfield Calypso Implementations and Calypso Upgrades.
Successful consultants will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 years of Calypso experience
- Must have at least 2 years of development experience in Java (Spring, Hibernate)
- Demonstrable experience of working across the full SDLC
- Previous Capital Markets experience (preferably cross asset product knowledge)
- Ability to design, develop and implement new features and modules in Calypso, as well as the ability to improve existing ones.
- Experienced in writing both unit and integration tests
- Excellent object-oriented analysis, design & development skills
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with software tools such as Eclipse and SVN
- Ability to liaise with testing team and manage the testing lifecycle including defect management
- Strong academic background in business, finance, engineering, mathematics, science or technology
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2250 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.