IT Support Engineer
You will be responsible for First Derivatives’ Windows based internal IT systems, networks and telecommunications systems.
- Work as part of small dedicated IT support group who provide server and desktop support services to First Derivatives staff.
- Define and Implement best practise across all services delivered from the group.
- Provide top quality support to the group customers within First Derivatives.
- Manage Windows based IT Services such as email and file sharing delivered via Microsoft technologies such as Exchange and Windows
- Manage First Derivatives Internal telephone systems
- Provide Desktop support services to all First Derivatives staff – local and remote support
- Procurement and hardware/software inventory of IT equipment
- Manage the implementation of software upgrades
- Manage the corporate security infrastructure (Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Web Proxy, WSUS)
- Work with your team colleagues to refine, document and implement best practise IT process across First Derivatives
Core Technical Competencies:
- 3-5 years experience supporting Windows 7/8/10 based systems
- Good inter-personal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 Server, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 e-mail systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and Office 365
- Network print solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Troubleshooting skills/li>
Experience in some of the following areas would be a distinct advantage:
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, DHCP, DNS
- MS Office 365
- Working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Backup Exec 16
- Security Infrastructure (Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, WSUS, IDS)
- MCSE/MCP accreditation
- Firewall/VPN Technologies /li>
Core Business Competencies:
- Performance and results orientated – possess a drive and energy to achieve project goals in a timely and effective manner.
- Teamwork – experience of working in a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and define priorities according to project relevance.
- Effective communication and impact – excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible attitude – e.g. willing to work outside normal working hours and other locations when required on a temporary basis.
- Financial markets background desirable.
- Creative thinking and innovation.
- Self management and personal development – capable of performing at a professional level with minimum guidance.
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2500 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.