IT Support Engineer
You will be responsible for First Derivatives’ Windows based internal IT systems, networks and telecommunications systems.
- Work as part of small dedicated IT support group who provide server and desktop support services to First Derivatives staff.
- Define and Implement best practise across all services delivered from the group.
- Provide top quality support to the group customers within First Derivatives.
- Manage Windows based IT Services such as email and file sharing delivered via Microsoft technologies such as Exchange and Windows
- Manage First Derivatives Internal telephone systems
- Provide Desktop support services to all First Derivatives staff – local and remote support
- Procurement and hardware/software inventory of IT equipment
- Manage the implementation of software upgrades
- Manage the corporate security infrastructure (Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Web Proxy, WSUS)
- Work with your team colleagues to refine, document and implement best practise IT process across First Derivatives
Core Technical Competencies:
- 3-5 years experience supporting Windows 7/8/10 based systems
- Good inter-personal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 Server, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 e-mail systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and Office 365
- Network print solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Troubleshooting skills/li>
Experience in some of the following areas would be a distinct advantage:
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, DHCP, DNS
- MS Office 365
- Working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Backup Exec 16
- Security Infrastructure (Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, WSUS, IDS)
- MCSE/MCP accreditation
- Firewall/VPN Technologies /li>
Core Business Competencies:
- Performance and results orientated – possess a drive and energy to achieve project goals in a timely and effective manner.
- Teamwork – experience of working in a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and define priorities according to project relevance.
- Effective communication and impact – excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible attitude – e.g. willing to work outside normal working hours and other locations when required on a temporary basis.
- Financial markets background desirable.
- Creative thinking and innovation.
- Self management and personal development – capable of performing at a professional level with minimum guidance.
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2500 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.
Please note that this opportunity is based at our Newry HQ.
Thank you for your interest. Applications for this vacancy are currently closed. You can find out more about our other HQ roles by clicking here.