We are seeking experienced Java Developers to join our Capital Markets Consulting Business (Globally). We hire developers in need a constant challenge and who are dedicated to solving business challenges across capital markets.
Responsibilities Include :
- Develop & support Java server side components of market making, pricing, and hedging applications.
- Produce object oriented designs in Java, enhance , re-factor existing designs
- Developing and demonstrating a broad set of technology skills in Java technologies
- Translate business requirements into technical design using appropriate methodology
- Interface with various stakeholders across multiple business units understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs.
- Developing robust systems with an eye towards performance, supportability and maintainability.
- Strong development practices including pairing, code reviews, unit testing and regression testing.
- Must have a very good understanding of object-oriented design, programming and be able to put this knowledge into practice
- Experience creating enterprise multi-threaded systems
- Proficiency in Core Java programming
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience building system from end to end
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2250 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.