Kx FUSION DEVELOPER
Kdb+, the core platform underpinning FD’s software division Kx, is the world’s fastest time-series database, deployed in markets as diverse as financial trading, space exploration, telecommunications and formula one racing. Kdb+ combines streaming, in-memory and historical data in a simple and unified platform. Fusion describes Kx’s mission to integrate our core technology with other languages, APIs, and development tools. This ranges from interfacing with high-performance proprietary APIs, to integration with the latest open-source platforms, released under open-source license. In common with our existing software, a strong focus is placed on performance, scalability and reliability.
This is an opportunity for motivated and talented software engineers to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth. A fusion developer will own the development, support and documentation of a range of new and existing interfaces. Successful applicants will be based at our Belfast office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of new interfaces
- Enhancement and optimization of existing interfaces
- Ongoing support, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Testing/benchmarking for reliability, performance and scalability
- Build, release and revision management
- Deployment to multiple platforms
- Production of technical documentation
- Self-starter who is proactive and driven, with a passion for learning new tools and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years working in a software engineering role
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ or Java
- Knowledge of source control and continuous integration tools
- Experience building and automating testing/benchmarking suites
In addition, developers would benefit from experience with:
- Kx technology (q/kdb+)
- Containerization technologies (docker, kubernetes)
- Developing high-performance adaptors for financial applications
- Programming/interfacing with C#/.NET, Python, Scala
- Using Apache data science tools (Spark, Kafka, Arrow)
- Deploying to Linux, Windows and Mac
- Writing technical documentation
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2500 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.
Please note that this opportunity is based at our Belfast office.