Data Scientist Role
On the Data Science stream of our Options Graduate Scheme, you will be offered a unique opportunity to enter the Big Data world where the emphasis is on problem solving using a combination of analytics, imagination and business understanding. Data Scientists explore vast amounts of information to detect patterns, trends and correlations that enable our clients to improve their products, services and revenue.
As a Data Scientist, you will work with our clients at their office sites, so you must be willing to travel extensively. The projects you may be working on will vary – our clients range from financial services to manufacturing to telecoms, just to name a few!
Those selected for this role will embark on an exciting career that combines technical prowess with business insight and commercial acumen. Data Scientists will also partake in the award-winning Capital Markets Training Programme (CMTP), giving you the unique opportunity to expand your skillset and potential. Candidates will be exposed to the latest technologies for both structured and unstructured data including the market leading kdb+ database and q analytics language, Hadoop, SAP HANA, IOS and Android all of which are hosted across best-in-class hardware, mobile and cloud based platforms.
What we look for:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
- A self-starter who is constantly looking for opportunities to improve
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- Strong academic background – ideally ABB or above at A-Level (or equivalent) and a 2.1 degree in Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering or a similar quantitative discipline
- Competitive salary
- Generous accommodation & expenses package while working on project sites
- Award winning training
- Global travel opportunities
- Rapid career progression
- Healthcare and pension packages
- Supportive team environment
- A balance between work and fun with a planned social calendar, sports teams and more