Data Scientist Role
First Derivatives plc is currently recruiting for a number of HQ and Overseas roles in our Data Scientist stream. These roles offer candidates a unique opportunity to enter the Big Data world where the emphasis is on problem solving using a combination of analytics, imagination and business understanding. Data Scientists explore vast amounts of information to detect patterns, trends and correlations that enable businesses to improve their products, services and revenue.
The skills required and the techniques learned apply across various industries and we are heavily involved with financial markets, utilities and telecoms to name but a few. Those selected will embark on an exciting career that combines technical prowess with business insight and commercial acumen. Candidates will be exposed to the latest technologies for both structured and unstructured data including the market leading kdb+ database and q analytics language, Hadoop, SAP HANA, IOS and Android all of which are hosted across best-in-class hardware, mobile and cloud based platforms.
The ideal applicant will have:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
- A minimum of AAB at A Level (or equivalent in Leaving Cert Points)
- A minimum 2.1 in a degree in Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering or a similar quantitative discipline
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
Apply Now – 2019
Apply Now – 2020