Ulster University HLA Financial Technology – BSc (Hons)
Higher Level Apprenticeship Scheme: 2019/20 Part-time Undergraduate course
This programme offers an equal focus on finance and technology through extensive use of work-based learning and practical application. It aligns to the growing needs of the FinTech sector.
The Ulster University Business School has developed the BSc Hons Financial Technology working in partnership with FD, developing a programme which offers students the opportunity to take this degree as part of a Higher Level Apprenticeship Scheme.
- Students have the opportunity to gain a valuable degree qualification whilst working in the FinTech sector.
- Develop a broad skillset which will enhance your opportunities in your future professional career.
- The course is a foundation for completion of complementary professional qualifications.
The University recognises a range of qualifications for admission to this course:
- A level grades BCC if including A-Level Mathematics or A level grades BBC if not completing A-level Mathematics.
- Overall BTEC level 3 QCF Extended Diploma with profile DMM to include Unit profile of 8 distinctions.
- Overall Irish Leaving Certificate profile H3, H3,H3,H3,H4 or H3,H3,H3,H4,H4 to include grade H3 Maths at Higher Level. Plus English Language at grade H6 at Higher level or grade O4 at Ordinary level.
- GCSE Profile to include Mathematics with a minimum grade B
- GCSE Profile to include English Language with a minimum grade C
The programme was developed in response to the skills requirements of the expanding global financial and associated professional services market with the application of technology in financial services. In addition to the increasing consultancy positions, Financial Technology graduates would be in a position to move into a range of financial services sector areas, research and analytics roles. The integration of commercially relevant assessment and applied research projects equips graduates with a range of highly employable skills and commercial awareness.
For more information on the course, and to apply, visit the Ulster University website here.
First Derivatives is a publicly held company, trading on the London Stock Exchange (LSE FDP.L) and Irish Stock Exchange (IEX:FDP.I). The Company is headquartered in Newry, Northern Ireland from where it has established its research and development centre, its Capital Markets Competency Centre and its near-shore support facilities. The Company has continued to expand its service offering and now has operational bases in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia to service its global client base. It is recognized as one of the fastest growing capital markets service providers in the world. FD now employs over 2,500 employees worldwide.
How to Apply:
To apply for this course click the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Doing so will direct you to the Ulster University website where you can find out more information on the course and are also able to apply.