We are currently seeking an Accounting Assistant to join our Accounts team at our HQ in Newry, Northern Ireland.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for performing a wide variety of accounting tasks which will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Process received invoice daily for multiple companies
- Supplier reconciliations
- Processing urgent payments
- Preform Monthly Creditor runs for multiple companies
- Allocating bank payments to purchases invoices and updating the AP ledger
- Reconciliation of bank accounts in a variety of currencies
- Liase with heads of departments re Spend
- Assist with month end tasks and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist the Accountant with Monthly Management Accounts
- Review financial information with the intention of proactively identifying any issues and taking corrective action
- Taking ownership of ad hoc projects designed to promote process improvements
- Liaise with other departments in First Derivatives (e.g. IT, HR and Operations)
- 2+ years experience in a finance role
- Desirable: Accounting/Bookkeeping qualification
- Excellent organisational skills, solution focused and proactive
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Vlookups & Pivot Tables). Training will be provided.
- Experience of using an accounting package
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Interest in building a career down the accounting path
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2500 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time-series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Please note that this opportunity is based at our Newry HQ.