We are currently seeking one Accounting Technician to join our Accounts team at our HQ in Newry, Northern Ireland.
The Accounting Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of accounting tasks which will include, but is not limited to, the following;
- Ensuring staff have submitted timesheets in line with policy
- Raising sales invoices from Statement of Works (SOW’s)
- Credit control responsibility for issued sales invoices
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the cash book
- Allocating bank receipts to sales invoices and updating the AR ledger
- Prepayment and accruals postings and reconciliation
- Reconciliation of bank accounts in a variety of currencies
- Assist with month-end tasks and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist the Financial Accountant with Monthly Management Accounts
- Review financial information with the intention of proactively identifying any issues and taking corrective action
- Taking ownership of ad hoc projects designed to promote process improvements
- Liaise with other departments in First Derivatives (e.g. IT, HR and Operations)
- 2+ years’ experience in a finance role
- Desirable: Accounting/Bookkeeping qualification
- Excellent organisational skills, solution-focused and proactive
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Vlookups & Pivot Tables). Training will be provided.
- Experience of using an accounting package
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Interest in building a career down the accounting path
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2500 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time-series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.