We are currently seeking one Accounting Technician to join our Accounts team at our HQ in Newry, Northern Ireland.
The Accounting Technician is responsible for performing a wide variety of accounting tasks which will include, but is not limited to, the following;
- Ensuring staff have submitted timesheets in line with policy
- Raising sales invoices from Statement of Works (SOW’s)
- Credit control responsibility for issued sales invoices
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the cash book
- Allocating bank receipts to sales invoices and updating the AR ledger
- Prepayment and accruals postings and reconciliation
- Reconciliation of bank accounts in a variety of currencies
- Assist with month-end tasks and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist the Financial Accountant with Monthly Management Accounts
- Review financial information with the intention of proactively identifying any issues and taking corrective action
- Taking ownership of ad hoc projects designed to promote process improvements
- Liaise with other departments in First Derivatives (e.g. IT, HR and Operations)
- 2+ years’ experience in a finance role
- Desirable: Accounting/Bookkeeping qualification
- Excellent organisational skills, solution-focused and proactive
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Vlookups & Pivot Tables). Training will be provided.
- Experience of using an accounting package
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Interest in building a career down the accounting path
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2500 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time-series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Please note that this opportunity is based at our Newry HQ.
Thank you for your interest. Applications for this vacancy are now closed. You can check other HQ based roles here.