Capital Markets Consulting Lead Accountant / Business Partner
Due to significant growth in recent years and expected continued growth, FD is hiring a CMC Finance Lead/Business Partner. Joining a well-established Finance team, this opportunity will provide excellent career prospects.
- Liaise with Sales and Legal teams to stay abreast of Pipeline opportunities and sales contracts
- Finance lead for the CMC business, managing a team of 5 Accountants and Finance Executives
- Responsible for the production, review and reporting of the MMA, including a detailed analysis of costs, sales trends and scenario variables for the CMC business
- Business partner to the CMC Business Development team across EMEA, NA and Asia regions
- Liaise with internal tax team and clients to ensure accurate tax treatment of invoicing across various FD entities and customer jurisdictions
- Perform and direct monthly, interim, and year-end close activities including job profitability reviews and balance sheet reconciliations
- Lead all internal and/or external audit requests for the CMC business and support all Group Reporting requirements
- Identify, drive and manage process and control initiatives to improve efficiencies within the team.
- Chartered Accountant with up to 5 years post qualification experience in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, motivate and lead a team of professionals
- Strong technical knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Must be driven, have a strategic approach and sound judgment
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills with advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2500 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time-series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Please note that this opportunity is based at our Newry HQ.