Due to significant growth in recent years and expected continued growth, Kx, a division of First Derivatives, are hiring two additional Software accountants. Joining a well-established Finance team, this opportunity will provide excellent career prospects.
- Liaise with Sales and Solutions teams to stay abreast of Pipeline opportunities and Proof of Concept progress
- In liaison with Legal and Sales team, review software contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment under IFRS
- Full ownership of Billing and Accounts Receivable for assigned entities
- Liaising with internal tax team and clients to ensure accurate tax treatment of invoicing across various FD entities and customer jurisdictions
- Perform monthly, interim, and year-end close activities including job profitability reviews and balance sheet reconciliations
- Resolve issues as needed to ensure financials are complete and accurate
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Perform projects and additional assignments, as assigned by the Senior Software Accountant, to support the team, including R&D spend analysis, geographical reporting and Investor/Board requests for information.
- Chartered Accountant with up to 2 years post qualification experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong awareness of International Financial Reporting Standards desirable
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills with advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
- Attention to detail, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2500 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time-series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Thank you for your interest. Applications for this vacancy are currently closed. You can find out more about our other HQ roles by clicking here.