We are currently seeking a Software Accountant to join our Accounts team at our HQ in Newry, Northern Ireland.
- Review software revenue related contracts for compliance with revenue recognition guidelines to determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Process complex revenue transactions in our accounting system with appropriate revenue recognition considerations
- Billing and Accounts Receivable responsibility for software contracts
- Perform month, interim, and year-end close activities including account analysis, journal entry and account reconciliation preparation, and resolving issues as needed to ensure financials are complete and accurate
- Assist with internal and/or external audit requests to facilitate timely completion of audits
- Liaise with local and mobile stakeholders to stay abreast of Pipeline opportunities and R&D Development Projects
- Perform ad-hoc projects and additional assignments, as required, to support the wider finance team, including Accounts Receivable
- Chartered Accountant with up to 2 years post qualification experience in a fast-paced environment.
- SaaS or Software Company experience desirable
- Strong technical knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills with advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
- Attention to detail, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2250 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time-series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.