Due to significant growth in recent years and expected continued growth, Kx, a division of First Derivatives, are hiring two additional Software accountants. Joining a well-established Finance team, this opportunity will provide excellent career prospects.
- Liaise with Sales and Solutions teams to stay abreast of Pipeline opportunities and Proof of Concept progress
- In liaison with Legal and Sales team, review software contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment under IFRS
- Full ownership of Billing and Accounts Receivable for assigned entities
- Liaising with internal tax team and clients to ensure accurate tax treatment of invoicing across various FD entities and customer jurisdictions
- Perform monthly, interim, and year-end close activities including job profitability reviews and balance sheet reconciliations
- Resolve issues as needed to ensure financials are complete and accurate
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Perform projects and additional assignments, as assigned by the Senior Software Accountant, to support the team, including R&D spend analysis, geographical reporting and Investor/Board requests for information.
- Chartered Accountant with up to 2 years post qualification experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong awareness of International Financial Reporting Standards desirable
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills with advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
- Attention to detail, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2500 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time-series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Please note that this opportunity is based at our Newry HQ.