Technical Trainer – HQ Newry
First Derivatives Plc are seeking a talented and motivated internal technical trainer to continue to develop and build our in house technical training platforms. You will help build technical training programs, enabling others to develop skills in technologies such as Python, Java, C#, Unix and SQL.
The successful candidate must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude. Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, hands on and confident in explaining complex subjects in a clear and interesting way. This candidate must also be willing to learn new technologies and flex training programmes when required.
The role includes:
- Devising technical training programs according to organizational requirements, across a range of technologies.
- Producing training schedules and classroom agenda with new hires and existing staff.
- Determining course content according to business objectives.
- Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
- Execute interactive training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually to mixed levels of junior/experienced staff members.
- Arrange for and conduct on-site training when needed.
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements.
- Degree in a relevant technical field
- Previous teaching experience/ or proven experience as technical trainer desired.
- Experience in IT/Fintech industry desired, but not essential.
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Working knowledge in technologies including Python, Java, C#, SQL, Unix.
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to a large audience
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) is a strong asset