Senior Front End Engineer
At Kx, we’re passionate about discovering new ideas and transforming them into innovative software products that build on Kx technologies. We’re seeking leading-edge technologies to solve tomorrow’s challenges.
Kx, a division of First Derivatives, is a growing office specialising in interactive data visualisation software and are seeking application developers to join our team. Our clients include leading financial institutions, pharmaceutical giants, and utility conglomerates. We specialise in high-speed, professional applications with dynamic user interfaces targeting multiple platforms.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experienced in using JS Frameworks (Backbone, Angular, React or similar), design patterns, functional programming and build systems.
- Is a technology enthusiast! Stays on top of new technologies and engages with the team.
- Takes initiative in problem solving and appreciates an elegant solution.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with technologies like mithril, stylus, webpack, Handlebars/templating, Node, RESTful web services, Jenkins CI, Java, Python, Bash, kdb+
- Visual design experience, understanding of good user experience and responsive design.
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as QUnit, Selenium, Nightwatch, Mocha.
- Knowledge of project management and version control tools such as JIRA, GitHub and Subversion.
- Linux server administration: shell scripting, web server configuration, Tomcat, nginx.
This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of a small team of developers working with cutting-edge technology and producing creative and unique online applications.
3+ years experience
We’re a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry, with over 2250 staff globally. First Derivatives (FD) is a provider of high-performance time series database software to a variety of industries as well as regulatory and IT consulting services to the capital markets industry. The combined proposition gives FD a differentiated offering within capital markets, an industry increasingly challenged by regulation and data management. Additionally, FD has begun to establish itself in a number of industries outside of capital markets.
Benefits including pension, healthcare, business expenses, competitive holidays and more.